This page explains how your information is collected and used. Using our services indicates you agree to this policy.
The big rocks:
- We collect and use your data only as you expressly allow, or as you’d reasonably expect given the services we provide.
- We won’t sell your data and will only share your data with third parties as you specifically allow, or as you’d reasonably expect given the services we provide.
- We may, at our discretion, disclose the least information necessary to attempt to prevent harm to people or property in an emergency, or to protect our rights. We will tell you about the disclosure as soon as practicable.
- We require that governmental and other third-parties requesting the disclosure of user data comply with proper legal procedures (e.g. presenting us with a valid subpoena, or court order). If we’re allowed to we’ll tell you about the request or disclosure as soon as practicable. We have received zero secret orders (or any order, for that matter) from law enforcement or spy agencies. Watch closely for this notice to disappear.
- We will remove your data in 30 days or less of receiving a deletion request, but reserve the right to continue to display public content you have submitted.
- We use a number of third-parties to provide functionality and services who have their own privacy policies. We detail the choices you have regarding those third-parties below.
Google’s use of the DoubleClick cookie enables it and its partners to serve relevant advertisements to visitors based on their visits to this website as well as other websites on the internet. Other third-parties serve advertisements using similar cookies.
You can opt-out of the use of the DoubleClick cookie for interest-based advertising, as well as manage the Google ads you see, by visiting the Google Ads Preferences Manager.
You can opt-out of and manage many companies’ cookies used for interest-based online advertising by visiting the aboutads.info choices page.
Collection of information and your choices
We collect some information to analyze trends, administer the website, track movement through the website, and gather broad demographic information for internal use.
We log IP addresses used to access and interact with this website along with the dates and times of access, some information about the device and browser the visitor is using, the referring website, and the search terms used to find this website. IP addresses collected by us through logging are kept for no longer than three months. Browser plugins are available to control which websites receive referring information.
Other sharing, navigation, and commenting functionality is provided by third-parties such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and LinkWithin. Disconnect and Ghostery are examples of companies who provide tools which help visitors control their data in relation to third-parties like the ones listed.
We aren’t responsible for the privacy policies or other content of websites we link to.
The contents of this policy may change in the future, so we encourage you to review it. If you would like to be advised of substantive changes to this policy, you can request this via email.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, please email us.