Meet MattyBRaps

WP Greet Box icon
Hello there! If you are new here you might want to subscribe to the RSS feed. Or you can sign up for email updates.

Meet Matthew Morris aka MattyBRaps. At eight-years-old, he’s voice coached, partnered on YouTube, LLC’d, trademarked, and sponsored, because of his rap videos. He’s managed by his father, who has a BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration). Lyrics and videos are produced with the help of his cousin, MarsRaps. Crafted into a marketable “product”, his tweets are ghostwritten, Dailybooth photos posed and production value of his videos high. Shot in 1080P, some feature luxury cars, celebrities, red carpet and recording studios (and who needs to go out when you have one in your house?).

Hoodie kidHis siblings aren’t missing out on the fun either. Or at least one isn’t. His older nine-year-old brother Joshua (JeebsTV) has his own YouTube channel too with the same high production value and sponsor.

Assumedly his parent’s goal is for him to be discovered by someone like Ellen (a feat which might be difficult as his videos are so polished already), release an album and tour the world. MattyBraps Ellen tweet

If he does make it big, what kind of attention is he going to attract? You can’t have your cake and eat it too. Fame comes with hate, and a lack of privacy. Maybe he knows he wants to rap, but does he understand the potential ramifications for his future? Because I’m not sure his parents do.

Here are some shining examples of friendly Dailybooth commenters (http://dailybooth.com/MattyBRaps/10761255, http://dailybooth.com/MattyBRaps/10109139).

MattyBraps hate 5

MattyBraps hate 4MattyBraps hate 3MattyBraps hate 2MattyBraps hate 1

Would there have been anything lost (maybe except for money) if Matty was encouraged to pursue what he loves outside of the internet spotlight, at least until he was older? Sure, keep the vocal coach, but was there a need to commercialize him this early in his life?

Running your son like a business. Exploitative or just entrepreneurial?

Image credit: QUOI Media Group

1. 00Memum says:

Hi m8 u fukin wot ill rek u nub 1v1 try hard club penguin m80 u wot m8 well go home and tell ur mum to get the camera becus as u know she h8s u and nos ill rek so she wil film me reking u so hard u no longer have a pnis00

2. Memum says:

3. You don’t re-spawn somewhere else with your
    awesome gun, the vehicle you spent months repairing, or all of the food you managed to scrounge up in the abandoned shops.
    Managing this could be easy by performing the following:.
    Win – RAR for instance offers the “extract here”
    option, which will simply extract the contents of a zip file to
    it’s current directory.

4. Next, Start Dosbox, and in the command window run the
    following to mount the folder you just created and the.
    Please, stay patient and follow this step by step process.
    Before continuing you will notice a small box on the
    bottom that reads “Compress the software using UPX” If you check the
    box it will make the application even smaller.

5. zendesk.com says:

In addition to information, the most important information about the software that you select
    should be about former clients of the company. An integrated gym
    management solution reduces overall business costs through introduction of functionality usually covered by various business
    applications such as accounting, scheduling, or marketing
    software. Furthermore, this communication must be made possible in not merely one or two
    languages but in multiple.

6. KuKluxKlan says:

Pls suck my cock, I am from h3h3 productionz an I hes big cuk! suk it 20 dorra doraa cash flow!

• excuse me m8 says:

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

7. goddammit says:

who the hell deleted all of our rude and fake comments
    honestly those were hilarious

8. rk says:

His parents shouldn’t be ashamed, they should be arrested. Anyone who thinks this is healthy behavior for a 9 year old child shouldn’t be allowed to breed.

9. k says:

You guys are just hating!!!! Mattyb is so talented for his age, and has a great future, stop trying to kill his vibe….. While your here talkin shit, he’s out having fun, and making money, andddd whatever Tf he wants…… Mattyb, do yo thang boyyyyy!!!!!! Your such an insperation

10. liz chu says:

i love matty b raps the kid is so hot

11. Kate says:

Sad to see that you have to fight with fellow 9 year olds on here since they’ve found this post. I came across him tonight and am appalled that he’s been “rapping” since 7 years old. It’s clear his parents bred children for the mere sake of making a business out of them. It’s absolutely disgusting. I feel bad for him.

12. DantheMan says:

Hes only 10 years old and supports and helps his little sister Sarah Grace, who by the way is disabled and has down syndrome… so give some respect. you were young at some point to. Plus hes proud to be from Atlanta, which most people dont appreciate, some respect please.

13. BRIAN J. PARENT says:

MattyBRaps is doing a good job. The haters need to leave him alone. If you don’t have anything nice to say then don’t say anything. Matty is 10-years-old and having fun living the dream. You had hopes and dreams when you were young too…or don’t you remember? Maybe your problem is someone in your life kicked your hopes and dreams in the toilet and flushed them. Let MattyB try to accomplish his goals in his life. MattyB is NOT hurting anyone..he is not on drugs or stealing. Go get a life…rather than write nasty things try cleaning up a local park or teach someone to read. DO GOOD…:)

14. olga says:

i love MattyBs song

15. Allie says:

Matty wants to be a rapper. Even if he doesn’t understand what his future will be like, that what he wants to do with his life. If he didn’t want to be a rapper he wouldn’t put the hard work into his videos and dancing. He’s been on TV and he’s famous. I bet you’re not! He is my INSPIRATION and he can do whatever he wants with his life! It’s not up to us to decide, let him choose his path. And yes he’s following in his cousin’s footsteps. Is that really a problem? I see your point that he’s a little young but you don’t want to wait until he’s waited to long. If you want to be good at something you need hard work and practice. He’s not gonna be famous over night so I’m glad he started doing what he did at a young age. He’s following his dreams and doing what he wants to do. People need to back off and stop hating him. He tries his best and his future looks bright.

16. Hudson says:

Is justin bieber your cousin

17. Hudson says:

Matty I want to sing a song with you

18. Hudson says:

Mattybraps you are such a good singer teach me I want to be like you I want to sing my girlfriend a song her name I Alssa and we go to Larson in lodi

19. christina says:

i love matty b raps. i’m 10 years old yeah and matty too!!

20. MattyBRapsFan says:

He knows fame comes with hate but he just keeps shaking the haters off. He is gonna make it big because he’s following his dreams. He’s the type of kid that WILL achieve whatever he has set his mind to achieve.

21. MattyBFAN says:

MattyB is amazing. his parents don’t make him rap, he wants to. He pestered mars (his cousin) until mars let him record a song. He doesn’t deserve hate when he is just following a dream. That is something every kid should do. Oh and he’s not making money from it either this is just what he loves to do so seriously back off and leave him alone. He WILL be discovered because of his talent and because the standard of his vids are really high. He doesn’t try too hard he just tries his best, that’s what everyone says kids should do, but as soon as one actually does it all they get is hate. Not really fair is it? People need to back off and let him follow his dream. Fair enough if you don’t like him or if he isn’t your type of music but you don’t need to tell him or write comments about or even write bleeding articles. HE’S 9 FOR GOD’S SAKE LEAVE HIM ALONE!!!!!!!! MattyB-Always follow your dreams, rise above the haters and just keep shaking them off. I love you.

• Matt Taylor says:

Reread the post, I’m critical of his parents, not him.

• MattyBRapsFan says:

FOR GODS SAKE HE’S 9!!! there’s no need to have a go at him or his parents. He is just following his dream and his parents are doing whatever they can to help him achieve it. MattyB gets enough hate so you don’t even to add into it with this stupid article about him being exploited. it’s not fair on him. He’s following his dream and believing in himself. What is so wrong with him doing that. And what is so wrong with him parents helping him out in anyway they can. They have the money to spend not because MattyB earns much from what he is doing but because his dad has a high paying job. What they choose to spend their money on is none of your business. If they choose to spend it on helping MattyB then fair enough but don’t go writing articles about how he is being exploited.

• Matt Taylor says:

You’re right, he is nine-years-old. What harm would there have been in waiting a few more years?

I don’t think his dream involved becoming a partner on YouTube (which means him, or rather his parents get paid for video views), becoming a brand, and selling merchandise. I think that’s his parents seeing dollar signs.

I think as a society we should be critical of parents “supporting” their children when it means putting them in the public spotlight and exposing them to unnecessary and nasty attention. When you’re selling t-shirts about people hating on your nine-year-old son you really need to evaluate the choices you’ve made as a parent.

I’m curious of what you think of Toddlers and Tiaras. Are those kids just following their dreams too?

• MattyBRapsFan says:

I see your point and maybe it could have helped him to wait a few more years but it’s what he chose to do. I don’t think his parents are bothered about the money but they are just trying to support him and help him become famous. I have never watched Toddlers and Tiaras but from what I have heard of it, the kids are pressured into doing this and they are constantly being pushed by their parents. I think that’s wrong but MattyB isn’t being pushed into doing anything. It was all his choice and he does it because it is what he loves to do. But maybe you are right, maybe he should have waited a few more years but, oh well, he’s started now so we might as well let him carry on.

22. Brad Daft says:

MattyBraps is so cute and talented.How could anyone hate him?He brightens my life just watching him.I hope he gets whatever HE wants in life.I love you sweetheart!

1. There are no trackbacks for this post yet.